Friday 1 October 2010

Octoberfest

No, I'm not talking about the beer party that takes place each year in Germany, Bavaria, Munich. I want to talk about my personal challenge of making every day of October a fest , a party to celebrate the beauty of Autumn (there IS more to October than beer!)

I always get a little melancholic at this time of the year; which is wrong because apart from the cold and the shorter days the land is becoming beautifully clad with bright and vibrant colours and there's much more to bring forth and celebrate!



That's why everyday I'll be bringing images of  October....... I hope you'll enjoy it and be inspired.........to party!


So, Day 1 : Apples.
 Have you ever seen an apple tree so heavily laden with fruit that it's branches touch the ground?
Splendide and bountyful at one gaze.
It means fruit, to 'munch' on, that you know are good for you and aren't going to make your hips grow.
It means yummy apple pies, or if you live in France exquisite apple tarts on a fine crust.
 It means compotes(apple sauce),  to be eaten during all of winter .
It means life, because when you've got food you've got life! 

 How precious is the simple apple.

 Our apple trees this year were not so fruitful so I'm sorry I don't have a photo to show. I think it's due to a lack of bees................................... 

P.S  the bag is for sale on my etsy shoppe notperfectbutnice

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home